Monday, November 6, 2017

Spice it Up, Egg Style

The word "spices" makes me think of the scene in the movie Ratatouille where the mouse is energetically tossing spices and other ingredients into the pot. Everyone should feel that kind of confidence with it comes to adding spices and simple ingredients to their meals. Some of my favorite spices include cinnamon, oregano, dill, mint, cumin and paprika.

In my house, eggs are a simple, cheap and easy protein that we always have around. Sure, you can add salt and pepper to your eggs, but is that really all you got when it comes to flavor? These are a few of my favorite variation of eggs.

     Italian Eggs

Just add Italian seasoning, pepper and seasoning salt. Some people aren't into Italian seasoning. If that is you, just some parsley will add that herby goodness to your eggs.

Mexican Style Eggs
Mexican Scrambled Eggs

These Mexican Style eggs include onion, jalapeno, tomato, and cilantro. If you don't have time to chop all these veggies, just put on some salsa and cheese and you are good to go!

    Egg Fritata
Image result for egg frittata
I usually don't follow a recipe for this one. I just cut up a bunch of veggies, mix in some milk, crack some eggs in there, add some cheese and finish it off with whatever seasonings sound good. If you like recipes here is one from Alton Brown. I like to make this on those busy week days when you haven't had a chance to go to the store yet. You just put whatever leftover veggies or bacon (or ham or sausage) you have left over with the scrambled eggs and bake in the oven until it is cooked through. So easy!

Cinnamon Eggs
 Image result for cinnamon on eggs
I haven't tried this recipe yet. I am thinking maybe I won't.

Do you have any egg variations that you LOVE? 

Healthy Egg Related Tip: I try to keep some hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times to be a quick snack between meals so I don't end up eating unhealthy snacks. 

Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment